Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Fighter, Pavlik, Heavies, AC.

On Christmas Day I went to see the new movie about the rise of Micky Ward, The Fighter. For boxing fans, such as myself, this movie was amazing. Fight scenes were shot very and well Wahlberg did a wonderful job as Micky. I think what stole the show in this film was the performance of Christian Bale as Dickey Eklund. He was simply stunning, from his mannerism, speech, attitude, everything was Dickey. The movie as a whole was very good, I would recommend it to any non-boxing fan as well.

Kelly Pavlik left the Betty Ford Clinic yesterday and is said to be chomping at the bit to get back into the ring. Hopefully Kelly can keep his deamons at bay now and concentrate on the sport that made him so famous, and can continue to do so. I feel like he should stay at 160lb. for now, without the excess drinking and partying, keeping the weight off should be much easier for him. Many are calling for the head of his trainer Jack Loew. Jack has done a great job bringing Kelly up and I dont think Jack should leave the camp, but I think a different point of view is needed by maybe adding someone new to the camp. Only time will tell, but I wish the Ghost the best.

There are articles popping up suggesting that Wladimir Klitschko and David Haye will finally be mixing it up come late spring, early summer, most likely in a German soccer stadium. This will be good for boxing, to have 2 heavies, who genuinely do not like each other, that possess legitimate one punch KO power square off. Hope this one finally gets made.

For my new years wish I would like for Atlantic City to get some bigger fights. I know Vegas, and now Dallas are better for the box office, but Boardwalk Hall cannot be forgotten. It is a great venue and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment